Join the black ribbon MUNDO UNO campaign,
wearing it as your icon.
Why the black ribbon? Here are some words.
* MUNDO UNO it's a call for peace.
* MUNDO UNO means ONE WORLD.
* MUNDO UNO is a virtual protest against
the madness of the all the wars.
* MUNDO UNO is a way for us to say:
stop the killing of civilians, in both sides.
Shall we be ONE, one world, one face,
one people to change this.
"Civilians have been targeted in Lebanon by the Israeli
Defence Forces and in northern Israel by Hizbullah
leaving hundreds dead.
After weeks of fighting, bombs and rockets continue to fall indiscriminately on women, children, ambulances, rescue workers and other innocent victims of this escalating conflict. These deliberate attacks violate international humanitarian law and constitute war crimes.
Only an immediate, full and effective ceasefire will protect civilians on both sides, but calls for the warring parties to obey the laws of war and protect civilians have fallen
on deaf ears.
Meanwhile, governments that could exert their influence to end the crisis have chosen instead to prioritize their own political and military interests over innocent lives of civilians.
We, the international community, are not powerless in the face of this crisis. We must stand up together to protect the lives of civilians and to ensure no more war crimes are commited."
What can you do? Take action now!
1. Join Amnesty International in our Ceasefire vigil on Monday 7th August, around sunset
* We call for a ceasefire;
* We demand that all governments stop the supply of arms to the conflict; and
* We stand in solidarity with the victims and survivors on both sides of the Israel/Lebanon conflict.
Read more details at the banner link, from Amnesty International.